Cars designed and built in Mexico:
These cars are beautiful!
Foods, drinks and plants that originate in Mexico
- The tomato .- How many recipes use the tomato? Can you imagine Mexican, Italian or any other cuisine with out tomatoes?
- Vanilla .- At one time the most expensive spice in the world, and even today one of the most used spices.
- The Cocoa bean and Chocolate .- You are welcomed world! 🙂
- Sun flowers .- One of the most iconic flowers in the world. It was first cultivated in Mexico.
- Noche buena .- Again one of the most recognized flowers in the world, cultivated by the Aztecs.
- The Margarita .- Very famous drink, invented in Mexico.
- The cesar salad .- This type of salad is very well known in the United States, and quite popular.
- The Burrito
- The Taco
- The Avocado .- One of my favorites ! and who has not heard of guacamole?
- The Nopal
- Maiz (Corn) it is such an important staple of modern foods that it is hard to imagine a world with out it.
- Agave & Tequila
- Aztec marigold
- And of course the chile pepper!
Just to name a few.
Mexican inventions and discoveries
- The use of the number Zero in mathematic calculations .- This invention has been called “The equal of any other invention in the history of humanity”.
- The birth control pill
- The first automatic rifle (The Modragon rifle)
- The color TV
- Discovery of vanadium
- Gnome A popular desktop environment for the Linux OS.
- The discovery of the ozone hole
- the concept of a hyperdrive, invented by Miguel Alcubirre
- intelligent automobiles,
World Heritage sites Historical and cultural contributions
- The great pyramid of Cholula .- One of the biggest pyramids in the world
- Mexico is in the top 6 countries with most world heritage sites Here is the list
- Gaspar Yanga .- The first liberator of America.
- The Mariachi .- who has not heard about Mariachi music?
- The Charro (where cowboys come from) .- It is interesting to me that everyone thinks that cowboys are an American (United States) invention, but they are actually of Mexican origin.