Movies with a nice message
- Sucker Punch .- I haven’t liked a movie so much in quite a long time. It has everything I like in a movie: A good story and a good message, and except for the violence basically a PG movie. Great action sequences, great special effects, just visually stunning, an beautiful girls, what else could you ask for? Zack Snyder directed and co-wrote this, very talented guy. He also worked on 300 and the Watchmen.
- Life or something like it .- This is an old movie, but I’ve watched it again recently and it is a classic, did I mention it has Angelina Jolie?
- Big fish .- Not “The Big Fish” that is another movie.Again an old movie, great story. It’s a Tim Burton movie and the novel written by Daniel Wallace.
Lists and news
- newser .- Read less, know more. A great way to stay informed.
- listverse .- An addictive set of lists with curios facts.
I hope you enjoy these recommendations.
— M ><>
I realized something this last week when talking about God, Christianity, the bible and other religions. When I was describing that we christians believe, as in know, that God in the person of the Holly Spirit comes and lives in our hearts, in our beings. What I realized was this:
I believe this is true because it is in the bible, because of answers to my prayers in ways I did not anticipate, because of God actually intervenes in my life. But can I present this or any thing specific, tangible as evidence? I do not like to describe feelings or circumstances as evidence, because it can be said to be subjective.
I want to write an article in my wiki http://mayelespino.com/wiki/ about my research in to this. I want to find and write about evidence of the Holly Spirit, particularly in my life, that is incontrovertible. The kind you can take to a court of law.
There is a lot of evidence about the existence and work of Jesus, and also much evidence about the existence and work or God the Father. And for me it is easy to precent evidence for both. Tangible and objective evidence. Of course it is still up to the listener to accept or not, but the evidence is concrete none the less.
Additionally the work of the Holly Spirit is to bring attention to Jesus Christ and God the Father. I like a lot what a pastor friend of mine, Gilberto Gutierrez, said: “God uses our lives as his business cards….”, it seams that the Fruit of the Spirit, perhaps intangible and subjective for people around us, is God’s favorite evidence.
Microsoft should eventually replace it’s own OS by Linux and serve as a desktop, similarly to what MAC has done.
Some time in the near future a device, a cellphone, will be developed that will be connected to an IPAD, through the docking interface. This way you will be able to connect any vendor’s hardware to the IPAD and you will be able to make calls. So say you have service with Verison or ATT, they would provide you with that device and the service, then you just plug it in to your IPAD. The device would be small, have no keys since the IPAD would provide the corresponding APP to make the calls, send messages, etc.
I am sure someone is already working on these ideas.
— Mayel ><>
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact , you must give your heart to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in a casket or a coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket — safe, dark, motionless, airless — it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. The alternative to tragedy, or at least the risk of tragedy, is damnation. The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from the perturbations of Love is Hell. — C.S. Lewis